Thursday, September 30, 2010

Re: Tweet "tweet"

If you are referring to action similar to tweeting someone (a short,
self-contained message) without specific reference to the service/company then
yes it would be appropriate to use quotes. Referring specifically to Twitter
and the action they allow you to take through their site and service, then no.

Example 1:
I sent my neighbor a tweet, after they double parked me for the 2nd time this
week, asking them to be more considerate.

Example 2:
I spray painted an expletive laden "tweet" on my neighbor's car after they
double parked me for the 5th time this week.

To see this in action view:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/11/AR2010021102974.html

Jason at jasonpj@yahoo.com