Friday, September 3, 2010

Re: Slate project on building a better classroom

A couple of more schools that use traveling classrooms.

EdVisions Off Campus School http://bit.ly/8XhbVv :BTW, the EdVisions
schools are doing some really interesting work with reinventing the school
space. The video on this page, which I've referenced before, gives some idea
of their approach. http://www.edvisions.com/custom/SplashPage.asp

The Jefferson County open school, lovingly described in Rick Posner's Lives
of Passion, School of Hope (http://rickposner.com/) uses extended trips as a
central element of their pedagogy.

Fred

--