Sunday, September 19, 2010

Re: Google Apps in Schools

The problem of lost institutional knowledge appears in any specialized
knowledge area. For example, I have seen similar losses when a school
replaces its registrar.

With respect to website development, we have three employees with
substantial website programming expertise, which should cover us in case of
bus-developer collisions. The use of a popular, open-source development
platform (Drupal) increases our chances of replacing knowledge through
hiring. We also fully document work, including configuration choices and
custom-developed modules. We use the Drupal API and adhere to Drupal
programming standards during development.

Richard

--=20
Richard Kassissieh
Director of Information Technology